Thursday, May 03, 2007

Where's ya been?

It's a bit late really for a what-I-did-at-the-weekend post, so this'll just be a where's-Nicola-been-for-the-last-few-days sort of post.

I never made it to the Rag Market at the weekend to look for more bag fabric, the weather was just so nice on Saturday that a trip to an inner-city, indoor market paled in comparison to the chance to spend time out in the sunshine. I'm glad I made the effort to go up to the Lickeys again as well as the bluebells were out in force and the sights and the smell were amazing. These photos don't really do the scene justice but I will post them nonetheless:

Bluebell woods



Bluebell woods

The extent of my crafting lately has been fiddling around trying to unravel the bottom ribbing on Thermal which is proving to be easier said than done, I've nearly got to the point where it doesn't look dodgy anymore so hopefully I can get that sorted out even if I don't eventually get round to adding any extra length as I had originally planned.

I've also been looking at new houses to move to since our landlady gave us our notice, and after a short but intense burst of activity (fortunately mostly Internet based) I've found somewhere for us, so now we've got sorting and chucking out and packing to look forward to for the next few weekends. Oh the joy! Hopefully I won't have to blog too much about that!

Of course the Sockapalooza 4 matches have been made now which is very exciting. I guess I'm not going to get to start work on my socks until the house moving is over and done with, but now I've got my pal's details I can certainly put my mind to deciding what pattern and yarn I will use...

2 comments:

DDKK said...

I can almost smell those bluebells!

Alison said...

Oh, how beautiful! We're only just starting to get leaves on the trees here, so these photos look like paradise.