Without further ado I present to you a plain and boring pair of socks (hey- it's still an FO even if it isn't that interesting!):
Yup, 68 stitches around plain stockinette socks - 2x2 ribbing at the cuff, short row heel (winged it on the first sock and used some written instructions (from somewhere on the internet but I can't remember where exactly) on the second sock - guess which one turned out best!), standard toe - 2.5mm bamboo DPNs.
Those with elephant-style memories will notice that this is the same Opal Hundertwasser yarn that was on its way to becoming my Sidewinder Socks in the last post on the blog. I'm afraid to say that the Sidewinders had to bite the dust. I finished the first sock - my grafting looked absolutely dreadful... I would have been ashamed to show it to you! Once I'd finished it was clear the first sock was too tight - I couldn't even get it over my heel - pah! It didn't seem worth faffing around with a sock which needed so much of the dreaded Kitchener stitch and turned out too tight despite careful measuring of both my foot and my gauge swatch. So ... I gave up.
I really liked the yarn with it's bright stripes and associations with Hundertwasser so I wanted to do it justice - I figured that a plain stockinette sock would be as good a way as any of showcasing such vibrant yarn. So that's what I did, as you can see from above :o)
There's more I could post right now - I want to try and dig out my pictures of my visit to the Hundertwasser Haus in Vienna (they aren't that exciting but they would tie in well here) and I need to show you my latest WIP - but I'm a bit pressed for time so it'll have to wait. But not for long hopefully! Adieu for the time being.