Friday, November 18, 2005

Day off

I have come to the conclusion that days off from work must surely be a good thing. It's a sad fact that I have been a student or thereabouts for so long that I had forgotten about how great a day off is when you work full time. One of the things that scared me witless when I got my job offer was the meagre number of holiday days per year - eek! Oh well I suppose this just means that real grown ups have to know how to make the most of their free time from work.

I travelled up to my boyfriend's place in Birmingham last night straight after work so I could spend as much time as possible with him on my long weekend. Tonight we are off with some friends to see Bob Dylan play and Saturday brings play for gorging on tasty German food and GlΓΌhwein at Birmingham's Frankfurt Christmas Market (well worth a visit and surely a positive aspect of Anglo-German relations ;0) ). Hopefully this can be followed up on Sunday with general laziness, reading of the papers and roast dinners to top off the weekend.

In my opinion that certainly counts as making the most of my time off work. May I have started as I mean to go on!

No comments: