Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

First of all: the best of wishes to anyone out there reading this :)

Second of all my latest FO. I actually finished these in 2006, on 29th December to be precise.
It is of course the Jaywalkers:

A whole pair of Jaywalkers

Finished Jaywalkers

Pointy toe Jaywalkers

Jaywalkers 'n' slingbacks

There's not much to say about the process of knitting these other than it was great! I followed the pattern without any changes - I even bit the bullet and finally figured out how to do decent Kitchener stitch (as detailed in my last post) so there wasn't any need to change the toe.

I used Regia Canadian Color in shade 4736. A very nice yarn in my humble opinion. I really like the colours and the variegation shows up the stitch pattern of this design very well I think.

In evaluation I would have to say I like these socks a lot, the fit is good especially around my oddly small ankles and heels so they are not half as droopy as any of the other socks I've knit for myself. The only odd thing is that the flipside of the non-droopiness is that I find them quite difficult to take off but that is not the worst problem in the world and worth it when the benefits it affords are taken into account :)

So once again, a Happy New Year to all and here's to a successful 2007.

1 comment:

DDKK said...

Fantastic colourway - makes my orange/pink jaywalkers currently in progress look rather shy and retiring!