Saturday, March 31, 2007

Down to the wire

Heart Sachets

Heart Sachets

Well the birthday party starts at 8 o'clock tonight so as usual I haven't left myself much leeway before the deadline constituted by giving these away as gifts to the birthday girl, but they are done and I am pleased.

These are the Interweave Heart Sachet pattern, knitted from some form of Lana Grossa cotton sock yarn - I don't recall any details other than that I bought it from Janette's Rare Yarns on ebay - and filled with lavender flowers from another ebay seller. I didn't do anything fancy with the hanging loops; just threaded some thin orange ribbon I'd bought from the markets in Birmingham through the top of the heart using a yarn needle and tied it in a knot. I was going for the simple but effective route and I don't think I'm that far off.

Well anyway, I must be off to get on with my gift wrapping.

No comments: