Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The dreaded p-word!

Yup, procrastination. I have been procrastinating over most areas of my life recently it would seem - hopefully this was a January-related affliction and will dissipate now....

Unfortunately the procrastination extends into the knitting sphere and so Rayne is still not finished - the knitting is done but it needs to have the ends sewn in and a blocking/ironing before I can really get a feel for whether or not it works as a garment!

Whilst procrastinating with my main project though I have worked on a little side project - using some of the extra yarn left over from Rayne. Without further ado then, I present the Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf in Marble DK:

Multidirectional diagonal scarf

A little bonus close-up:

Multidirectional diagonal scarf close-up

I've been looking for a scarf that will look nice with the jacket in the photos and it struck me that this shade of yarn (James C Brett Marble DK shade MT6) would work very well. With the help of Ravelry (here is my project's Ravelry page) I found the Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf Pattern (bit of a mouthful!). Then I cast on using 5mm needles and slightly more stitches than suggested for a wider finished scarf.

The knitting went very quickly - I tended to knit one triangle at a time which was quite a manageable chunk - and soon enough the scarf was done. Huzzah! Now I plan to knit some simple garter stitch mitts and possibly also a beanie to go with the scarf - hopefully I won't procrastinate too much with those!

3 comments:

DDKK said...

Welcome back! You've been missed. You could always rename it the Procrastination Scarf (and mitts and hat...)

Kath said...

My memory is playing tricks on me - I could have sworn blind that I'd already posted on this about the scarf. The colours in the Marble have worked really well with that and look great! Obviously procratinating is catching as I'd thought I'd also told you that 'You make my day' - see my blog for details!

DDKK said...

hey Nicola - it's official. You make my day, and I've given you an award to let you know for sure! Pop over to my blog and check it out!